2011. július 4., hétfő

Pinkeep Project

I simply love cross stitch. For me it's a healing colour therapy, stolen time when the world disappears. Just my needle, threads, some canvas and me. Here in Hungary stitching and embroidery (not to mention crochet) are known as a way of killing time for old ladies. Thick glasses and silver bun are indispensable. I won't assure anybody, not me. Smiling inside, I think of all the happy stitchers of the world who enjoy this tranquil happiness.


So, I had some leftover canvas, just a small longish piece, I planned to make some pinkeeps from it. I used pieces from the pattern of The Drawn Thread's Flower Boxes, I just changed the colours:

 After stitching here are the materials needed (wool is missing from the photo, and I didn't use the lace after all):






Then I put the right sides together and sewed the front to the back (a kind of homespun I found in a second-hand):









then turned inside out and stuffed with wool:












put handle into it:



And finished with some stitches:









Finally I just lost in admiration :) Ta-dah:



     



Put in nature :)















Now they are sunk in a box waiting for "their time". Seven mini-surprises.

1 megjegyzés:

  1. Szépséges kis párnácskák! Régebben én is keresztszemeztem egy-két dolgot: a fiúknak adventi naptárat, majd megmutatom. :)

    VálaszTörlés